What's Magic Mushrooms - Is It Edible?


3 Answers

gul aftab Profile
gul aftab answered
Magic mushrooms are naturally occurring, non-poisonous fungi which contain varying amounts of the conscious-altering substances psilocybin and psilocin.

When eaten or drunk in a tea, they combine readily and hungrily with the brain to evoke a powerful psychedelic trip experience, shorter-lived but similar in tone and effect to LSD.

There are over 90 species of magic mushrooms world-wide. Common varieties include UK and Northern Europe's 'Liberty Caps' (Psilocybe semilanceata) and North America's Psilocybe cubensis.

The world's most famous magic mushroom is the European Fly Agaric (amanita muscaria), the red-and-white spotted toadstool which often pops up in children's literature. However, it contains ibotenic acid and muscimol not psilocybin and has very different effects.
Mushrooms are light to dark brown in colour and come in fresh, dried or powdered forms. All of them taste disgusting.

They smell distinctively 'mushroomy' and are impossible to confuse with any other powdered drug.

They usually sell for around £5 per gram.
In the UK, mushrooms and psilocybin are class A drugs, alongside LSD, cocaine and heroin.
Aisha Profile
Aisha answered
Magic Mushrooms are a type of Psilocybin mushrooms. These are fungi that contain the psychedelic substances psilocybin and psilocin and other psychoactive tryptamines. Even though these mushrooms are edible and not poisonous, they are not recommended for eating as they have many adverse side effects. They can cause loss of appetite, cold and numbness, nausea, hallucinations etc. They are rated as a drug and are prone to misuse like other drugs.
wont tell you Profile
wont tell you answered
Its a drug that makes you feel invulnerable like drinking and makes you have wings. Its really really harmful for your health.
thanked the writer.
thx all . i've heard about stuff like it but never seen or tried it . so, it is a drug , looking like dried toad stools and not user friendly ?
Anonymous commented
Lolol harmful my ass !!! You are obviously anti - drug and have no clue what you are talking about. Yes there are deadly species as in the death cap ( the angel of death ), among others but they are all TOADSTOOLS ! And easily distinguishable. Anyone who cant distinguish the difference in appearance between deadly TOADSTOOLS and magic mushrooms must wear black sunglasses, carry a white walking stick and have a labrador retriever as a pet. Magic mushrooms of all varieties have been used for 1000's of years and if they were anywhere near harmful or dangerous to your health they would not be in use now would they lol . Take of from someone WHO KNOWS what they are talking about.

Answer Question