My wife is pregnant and I have to take her to my home town. My son is studying in KG so I need to him also to take my home town?


1 Answers

Deborah Mann Profile
Deborah Mann answered
Does this meant that you need to take your son out of school for a while, or to transfer schools until your wife has had the baby and all is settled again? If this is the case, then you will need to let your son's school know what the situation is.

They may be able to advise you, and to suggest some ways that will be helpful so that your son does not miss out on some vital elements of his education.

  • Transferring schools
If  you are thinking of transferring your son's schools, then you need to check out the schools in your home town; perhaps your son could go to the school that you went to when you were a boy.

It is important that the school that you choose has the educational standards and the ethos that you want it to, and that the curriculum resembles the one that your son is already studying as much as is possible. The older he is the more important this is because he will be studying for exams.

  • Continuity
Obviously, as in your circumstances, there are times when there is no alternative but to change a child's school, but it must be remembered that this can be a traumatic event because the majority of children are creatures of habit who do not like change, so you must do everything you possibly can to make sure that the transition is as easy as possible.

  • Signs of upset
Some children are excited by new things but others will withdraw until they are settled so you will just need to keep an eye on how things are going and give your son the reassurances that he needs.

Answer Question