If someone is suicidal, can a hospital force them to stay there and force medications on them?

4

Arthur Wright Profile
Arthur Wright answered
Yes they can Baker Act them for a 72 hour observation and then inform courts of their findings and court will approve treatment plan

It seems to me that such thoughts haunt almost every person. But there are also very obsessive thoughts that are difficult to get rid of, I recommend then to start taking antidepressants. But some grow bulk seeds that help with mental problems. I recommend to look at such bulk seeds in this store bulk seeds and also to get acquainted with the basic information. The site says what exactly the seeds are for, how to order and how to grow.

Anonymous Person Profile
If they have a treatable condition tht can hlped then yes. You can be sectioned under the mental health act, and forced to take medications. The reason I said if treatable is because if someone has a personality disorder they class that as untreatable and the vast majority will not be helped by mental health hospitals or medication in most circumstances.
olivia something Profile
It depends on whether it's life issues or whether it's a mental condition causing this suicidal feelings. If it's life issues, they are likely to refer you to a counsellor rather than detain you.

Anonymous