Foot massages can be nice if you've been on your feet all day, but I definitely prefer a good neck, shoulder and back massage.
What Makes A Good Foot Massage?
I've never had anybody give me a foot massage (apart from at spas) but when I worked as a shop assistant I would occasionally get home and give myself a quick foot massage and pedicure. They can be particularly relaxing and soothing in the summer months.
If you want to give a girl a thorough foot massage, here's what I'd suggest:
- Ask her if she'd like one, first! She might prefer a back rub.
- Soak her feet in cool water (not so cold that her toes go numb) for about five minutes. If it's winter, warm water will be fine.
- You can use some exfoliating foot scrub if you want to.
- Dry her feet with a towel. Be gentle but firm.
- Decide what oil or lotion you're going to massage her feet with. I really like the peppermint foot lotion they sell in The Body Shop.
- Use your thumbs to massage the bottom of her feet, paying particular attention to the inside of the foot and the arch.
- Massage the ankles a bit, too.