I Have Tingling Down My Right Arm And Hand And Fingers And It Feels Soar. Could It Be Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Or A Heart Attack Or A Herniated Disc?


3 Answers

Ebony Nash Profile
Ebony Nash answered
See a doctor,  he will give you a much better diagnosis than anything you will find on the internet. Plus, you will worry yourself thinking about heart attacks and carpal tunnel syndrome.
You are correct that a heart attack can give you a tingling sensation down your arm and fingers. It will usually be accompanied by acute pain in your chest though, and breathlessness. Needless to say, if you are experiencing that, turn off the computer and get to a hospital fast.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is thought to be a compression of the median nerve travelling through the carpal tunnel which connects the forearm, wrist and palm. The main symptom is intermittent numbness of the thumb, index, long and radial half of the ring finger. It can be treated with splints, injections and, in some cases, surgery.

A herniated disc is what happens when a tear occurs in the outer ring of an intervertebral disc. This leads to the soft, central portion bulging out. It can cause the release of inflammatory chemical mediators which cause severe pain. Symptoms can include mild or extreme pain, usually in the neck or lower back. Often, herniated discs are not diagnosed immediately as the sufferes tell doctors of undefined pain in knees, thighs and feet. Other symptoms may include sensory changes such as numbness, tingling, muscular weakness, paralysis and affection of reflexes.

So all three of these things have elements that could link them to your tingling but none are conclusive enough to give you a definitive answer. As mentioned before, the best thing to do is visit a doctor because tingling is a common sensation but the causes are many.
tina harris Profile
tina harris answered
This sounds like you mite have a pinched nerve some where.most likely in your Neck.when it runs down your arm. Or this tingling in your fingers.its a pinched Nerve I believe. Try using some kind of pain relever.to help with the pain..and if It gets worse. Then you should see a dr for this.    Take care..
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I have pains in chest and tingling in my fingers

Answer Question