I am 20 yrs. My problem is that my periods stays around for about a mont, and more than that. I would like to know what sort of problem I have and what should I do to get rid of it?


3 Answers

Andrea Leon Profile
Andrea Leon answered

It sounds like you have polycystic ovaries. It is now quite common among women and no one knows why it happens. If you are overweight, you can cure this problem with regular exercise and by eating healthier. Otherwise, the doctor usually prescribes hormonal meds to help you. 

This is not something you can take without meeting a doctor though. So just get an ultrasound done and see if your ovaries are okay.

Darling Divaa Profile
Darling Divaa answered

You may want to get a thorough GYN examination. If that is okay then perhaps trying birth control pills might help you regulate it. Good luck.

Ravindra Honrao Profile
Ravindra Honrao answered


Your problems seems to be low level of progesterone (most probably). PCOD won't present with such features ( Very rare). Better get your hormonal profile completely. You might need hormonal pills depending on that. Supplementary USG pelvis will be more helpful.

Check LH, FSH, TSH, progesterone levels.

I can suggest more if I know your  weight.

Be happy.

Dr. Ravindra

Answer Question