What are some good natural remedies for insomnia?

Pepper pot Profile
Pepper pot answered

Turn off the TV earlier and relax your mind.

Write everything that is bothering you in a diary.

A warm bath.

A mug of warm milk, or and a banana, both contain tryptophan which helps you sleep.

Melatonin, valerian, and chamomile.

If you are suffering a bout of insomnia go and see your doctor, he may be able to give you something short term, I've had antihistamines before which helped me get into a sleep routine.

Michael Poland Profile
Michael Poland answered

There are pressure points all over your body.

The ones you need are in four places.

1) Left or right foot, between your big toe and the next toe.

Place your heal in between and rest it there for less then

five minutes. That's the best one. 2) The same applies to your

hands. Between your thumb and index finger. Above all else,

clear your mind of all dialogue. Stop the conversation.

The sound of the ocean is great for that.

Melanie Granger Profile
Melanie Granger answered

There are quite a few natural remedies for insomnia. I've tried a few of them and believe it or not, they all helped me to fall asleep and stay asleep longer. I prefer natural remedies instead of taking medication because it saves money, they're safer and they have fewer side effects. Here are some of them:

- Magnesium and calcium. Both of these help with insomnia and when they're used together, they can increase the effectiveness. You should take 200 milligrams of magnesium and 600 of calcium every night before you go to bed.

- Wild lettuce. This is known to reduce anxiety and boost sleep. Take no more than 120 milligrams before bed.

- Aromatherapy. This one is my most recommended. It's best to use lavender, so find a lavender spray with real lavender and spritz it on your pillow before bedtime. 

Echo Jones Profile
Echo Jones answered

Melatonin, it's a natural sleep aid.

DDX Project Profile
DDX Project answered

Exercise. Do something physical until exhaustion.

Ray Dart
Ray Dart commented
The best advice so far.
Dur Duric
Dur Duric commented
Agree
Tom  Jackson
Tom Jackson commented
....So many, many benefits in a happy marriage. I've always said good sex was always worth at least 3 hours of sleep if we had to get up in only 8 hours.
Ashley Bennet Profile
Ashley Bennet answered

I am glad to share with  you some useful home remedies for insomnia.

1. Papaya

Eat papayas frequent affects positively blood tonic, insomnia, chronic gastritis, helps restore the liver and increases the bodyโ€™s resistance which make it one of the perfectly simple and natural remedies for insomnia.

2. Potato

French or baked fries are very tasty. Additionally, potato is also considered an excellent source for providing tryptophan (the sleep hormone) which make them one of the ideal remedies for insomnia, and they also have a soothing effect overall and beneficial for both your body and spirit.

3. Banana

Banana has been used as a treatment for insomnia as well as promoting for natural sleep for decades. Like green beans and oatmeal, bananas also increase levels of serotonin and melatonin. Besides, this delicious fruit is also known as a natural relaxant for helping you relax and go to sleep quickly and efficiently.

For more further treatments, you can click on Authority Remedies - Home Remedies for Insomnia

Anonymous