If you get Road Rash (rash, Not rage) from diving or sliding into a base around a baseball diamond on a field or in a park (as opposed to on asphalt, concrete, street or sidewalk) what exactly is it called? It isn't Road Rash. So what is it?


3 Answers

Yin And Yang Profile
Yin And Yang answered

Road rash is literally like a burn. My daughter just recently had it. The blacktop took off the top layers of skin. It healed like a cross between a burn and a scrape but she said it felt like a burn. The baseball field diamond is dirt so I would consider it a scrape.

Darik Majoren Profile
Darik Majoren answered

It is a combination of mild abrasion to the epidermis, mixed with the possible infection caused by the germs and bacteria in the debris from the rough surface.

Firstname Refreshme lastname Profile

I've heard it being called a raspberry, other than that I can't find any other term for it. You are should have a specific term.

Amazing how their uniforms don't tear when they do those amazing slides.

Answer Question