In order to effectively address a spider bite, you have to have some idea of what type of spider it was. There are a number of spiders that are harmless. A bite from a non-venomous spider may not require first aid. However, any kind of wound needs to be cleaned properly, cleaned of debris, if there is any, and protected from further exposure. If the bite location is inflamed or painful to the touch, an ice pack can be used to reduce the swelling. Aloe Vera is a good option for reducing or controlling pain.
If these options do not resolve it, then seeking medical attention may be advised as a harmful or venomous spider may have been the culprit. Interestingly enough, with spiders, 80% of bite victims never see what actually bit them. A lot of times people assume they’ve been bitten by a spider, and more times than not, the brown recluse spider is blamed for the bite. It’s important to remember, spiders rarely attack unless threatened (intentioned or unintended).
There are only a few venomous spiders large enough to actually inject venom into the skin; and out of those few spiders, even fewer have venom strong enough to do any real damage.