How many people get the yearly flu vaccination?

I don't. I'd like to but I have had a severe reaction both times I've had it.

YoWanna  Cook Profile
YoWanna Cook answered

No! And I don't plan on getting one either.

Darren Wolfgang
Darren Wolfgang commented
I been getting one since last seasons flu season never had a reaction to the vaccination took it like a champ. LOL
YoWanna  Cook
YoWanna Cook commented
You are a champ! I got them a couple years in a row then realized I got sick the same so why take the risk. Plus I always wondered how the pharmaceutical companies "know" what mutation the virus will mutate to the following year..... I figured it was to put fear into the public and get money. Lol!

I sometimes get them, but the shots come out when my allergies seem to be at their worst. I refuse to get a vaccine when my immune system is already stressed. My husband always gets them. He had Bell's Palsy years ago and was told to get the flu shot to lessen the risk of a recurrence.

According to the CDC less than half of US citizens get the shot.

Toni Pauze Profile
Toni Pauze answered

I do every year!

Was reminded yesterday when I was at the Drs office.  Will have done next week without fail.

Ancient One Profile
Ancient One answered

Every year. Many moons ago I almost died from the flu and had to be medivacted back to the states. Spent 5 weeks in hospital.

Corey Hawkins Profile
Corey Hawkins , What does this mean?, answered

I haven't gotten the flue shot since I was 15. I also haven't gotten the flu since I was 15. It's an interesting parallel.

Levi Fitzsimmons Profile

I do not. I haven't had the flu in over 10 years and I'm not in a risk group, so that combined with my hatred of injections means I'm not likely to get one anytime soon.

Anonymous