January is National Blood Donor month. If you are able, will you donate?

5

Where I live the have The Big Red Bus they use to do blood drives at businesses, like Walmart, grocery stores, etc.. I  donate several times a year. I hope you will consider doing the same.

Janis Haskell Profile
Janis Haskell answered

I used to give regularly, but I'm no longer allowed to because of residual virus antibodies in my bloodstream.

Levi F. Profile
Levi F. answered

Considering that I nearly fainted just from getting blood drawn in a routine checkup, I doubt it would be a good idea for me to give more than that. Plus I may not be allowed to for a few health reasons. I know a lot of people who do give blood regularly, so I don't think any of the blood banks around here will have a shortage any time soon.

Darren Wolfgang Profile
Darren Wolfgang answered

I wish i could donate blood cause i would do it . But since when i was a teenager , i wanted to lose weight so i went on this crash diet . After so long i was getting all kinds of things wrong with me. I developed Low Blood Sugar , Low Male Hormone , Blood Pressure problems , Mental health problems . One the crash diet , i ate as much as one would feed a baby . Yes it messed me big time. Later in life i developed extreme obesity. Diabetes , Osteoarthritis in my knees . After so long i managed to lose 100 lbs . Now i want to lose 70-80 lbs to reach my goal . I even got hair loss due to poor dieting. I battled bullies in School and battled my Fathers verbal abuse at home and him coming home sick and drunk from drinking at the bar. Yes life gives us all many challenges . 

Anonymous