Anonymous

Will Bleach Added To Bath Water Kill Ringworm?

6

6 Answers

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I had ringworm over about 75% of my body. The hospital said it was dermatitis; then gave me 2 antibiotics to take which broke my system down and cause the ring-worms to spread faster. I first had a bad case a few years ago when I combed a friend's kids' hair and didn't know they had it. I was wearing shorts, so I end up with them on my thighs. I tried spraying bleach and keeping the ring-worms dry for a while, but the chemicals were to strong and my skin started peeling like a snake. I tried heating a cooper penny and putting it on it. It hurt, but the itching stopped. I end up going to another hospital; they gave me a white fungus pill, but its side effect is liver damage after prolong use. This time I got one by my knee. I hot a penny and slowly placed it on it before a shower. I can't risk taking a bath; even with bleach, because it will spread to other parts with water. After the shower, I put regular finger nail polish remover on a clean pad and place it directly on the ringworm for a few seconds. I did that for a few days, and everything cleared up. Also, I had to keep cleaning the shower out with pine-sol and Clorox bleach with a scrub brush and cleaning rag, and a bucket of water to completely rinse the tile after every shower. I keep my shower door open, so the shower floor could dry. I change my towel and rag before every shower, change my bed sheets every 2 days, use dove liquid soap. Wash my clothes, towels, rags, and sheets in hot water, clear detergent with no dyes or perfume, baking soda, and a little bleach. I spray my bed sheets and towel with 91% alcohol before I use them. If I had to leave the house, I placed an extra large band aid with antibiotic over the ringworm before I put my clothes on. It's a lot of work, but I don't want it to spread to my family. They say stress sometimes cause it, but who know. Good luck.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I have been doing vicious battle with ringworm in my house for about 7 months now. I have tried it all! From bleach, to meds, to Pine sol- but guess what I have found that works?
RUBBING ALCOHOL! No I am not joking. Soaking a sterile pad from the dollar store and rubbing it all over my legs 4-5 times a day the last 4 days has caused them to not only stop BUT GO AWAY. I can't believe I have not tried this before. Just thought I would share it.
Deborah Wacker Profile
Deborah Wacker answered
Not that I have every heard. The Dr usually gives you an ointment thats kills the ringworm. These can spread so you need to go to the Dr.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered

I used Psoriasin Ointment on my ringworm and it really gave me some relief. I had been soaking and nursing it for two days.  This ointment really helped !!


Answer Question

Anonymous