Does Your Vagina Itch When You Have An Infection?


3 Answers

Tracy Koroma Profile
Tracy Koroma answered
An itchy vagina can indicate an infection, yeah. It doesn’t always, though, so don’t panic!

Chemical Irritants
Itching down below could just be a sign that you’re irritated by your soap or washing detergent.

If this is the case, the itching should stop as soon as you eliminate the thing that’s causing the problem.

Avoid using perfumed soap if possible, and try washing your clothes with a different detergent - you might be allergic to the one you’re currently using.

Yeast Infections
Yeast infections, like thrush, are usually quite painful if you don’t get them treated.

They’re caused when the bacteria in your vagina becomes unbalanced - antibiotic treatments can cause this, as they work by killing off certain types of bacteria. Stress is also a culprit.

Treatment is available over-the-counter: You’ll need to take a pill, and you can get ointment  for instant relief from the symptoms.

Gonorrhea’s a pretty nasty STD (sexually-transmitted disease), so if you’ve had unprotected sex with someone who could be infected, you’ll want to get tested as soon as possible.

Other symptoms include a burning pain when peeing, a yellowish discharge, and red and swollen genitals.

Another STD! Crabs are like head-lice, but they live in your pubic hair. You can get treatment from your local pharmacy or drugstore. In the meantime, don’t have sex with anyone - you don't want to pass it on!
Muhammad Nadeem Profile
Muhammad Nadeem answered
It depends upon type of infection. Genital infection can be due to bacteria, yeast or trichomonas.

Sometimes, these infections are symptomless and the lady even does not know that she is having an infection.

Symptoms, when present, are itching and burning sensations with discharge of different colors, with or without odor. A specific diagnosis is needed for the start of treatment.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
Yes, unfortunately it does not look so good for you. You will be ok, but see a doctor.

Answer Question